National Technical Seminar Registration
AACT’s National Technical Seminar will take place October 17-19, 2022 at the Hyatt Lodge, Oak Brook, Illinois.
Schedule and Information
Check back for a detailed schedule. The 2022 seminar will include a variety of topics, including:
- Regulatory update from the National Confectioners Association (NCA)
- Requirements for labeling reduced sugar and sugarfree products
- Packaging and sustainability
- Remote troubleshooting and production trial support
- How to make and troubleshoot taffy/nougat
- Supply chain challenges and best practices
- Functional carbohydrates
- Chocolate regulations and technical advice
- Tempering 201: oil/fat migration
- Calculating dry/wet/finished weight basis
- Candies of yesteryear
Optional hard candy making demonstration will take place at the hotel on Monday afternoon, beginning at 1:00pm. Experts will demonstrate techniques and best practices, giving participants practical tips to take with them. The session will include time for participant Q&A.
Supplier tabletops will take place on Tuesday afternoon and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. All supplier personnel must be registered for the conference and paid in full. Electricity is available by prior arrangement; please note your electricity needs when registering for the tabletop. Shipping information is available by clicking here.
Hotel reservations must be made directly with the Hyatt Lodge. Click here to reserve your room now, or call 877-803-7534 and ask for the AACT 2022 National Technical Seminar room block.
Registration Fees: Earlybird price (before Aug. 15) / Paid after Aug. 15
Regular (non-member) registration fee: $620 / $670
National Chapter Member reduced fee: $510 / $560
Student fee (accredited, post secondary): $200 / $250
Supplier Table: $295 / $395
Optional Demo: $40 / $65